The Senior Development Associate (DA) plays an important role by participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, grant proposals, direct mail appeals, and special events, and by providing research and support to the Chief Marketing and Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
This position will interface with key AVDA volunteers in leadership roles for the organization as well as interact with members of the AVDA Board of Directors. As a key member of the Development team, the successful candidate will be tasked with handling multiple projects that are often-time deadline and budget driven. The candidate will be a self-starter, motivated and able to clearly and effectively communicate. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
• Assist with drafting solicitation letters, grant requests, and other correspondence related to fundraising or development efforts.
• Support AVDA on fundraising and cultivation events, specifically the two annual fundraisers and annual appeal mailing.
• Serve as liaison on development projects with vendors by obtaining bids, requesting proposals and comparing estimates.
• Ability to design invitations, mastheads, mailers, flyers and other print collateral.
• Assist with preparation and coordination of materials, as requested/required for program audits by funders. Liaise with Program Directors and CEO for successful preparation of and completion of audit.
• Spearhead and coordinate the annual United Way Kick Off Campaign for the agency.
• Serve as primary point of contact for the coordination of AVDA’s Camp Carefree including developing application, coordinating transportation, reviewing contract with the camp and coordination of details leading up to and during the weekend.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for on-boarding and recruiting agency volunteers, working with Program Directors to find meaningful engagement opportunities.
• Assist with development of social media graphics for Instagram and Facebook.
• Manage and oversee Young Friends of AVDA group.
• Assist by compiling data for board of directors meetings, including Development reports and revenue updates.
• Conduct research on prospective corporations, foundations, individuals, and government entities.
• Prepare outcomes assessment to funders.
• Manage donor records and donations processed through eTapestry, AVDA’s donor management database.
• Manage and track foundation deadlines and applications. Assist with grant writing and proposal submission.
• Maintain corporation and individual donor files, input donor data, log financial contributions.
• Review key performance indicators/dashboard metrics monthly, analyze outcomes.
• Maintain Board of Directors’ personnel files. Track annual training requirements, attendance, updated Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Agreements.
• Create and maintain schedule related to grant-required training of AVDA Board of Directors.
• Attend Board meetings, provide coordination of meeting materials, take meeting minutes and circulate post-meeting for approval.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Two to three years development experience or experience in related industry such as advancement, communications, marketing or public relations.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator or other graphic design software.
• Database management experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information concisely and effectively.
• Ability to organize work and flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and make good decisions.
• High degree of integrity handling confidential and sensitive information.
• A positive, confident, and results-oriented professional with a service-oriented spirit
• Ability to work in the evening with advance notice provided by AVDA, as required, for special events.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as some experience working with fundraising database/management software.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
• Previous project management or office management experience